Hands down, this is my #1 recommendation.
I LOVE this app. Not only is there an abundance in choice of resources to get into a meditative or relaxed state, there is the opportunity of connecting to a huge community of other mediators across the globe.
Insight Timer is the most active meditation community on the planet. It’s 2020 reviews on app stores were overwhelmingly positive. The app had approximately over 77,000 reviews on the Google Play Store, with an average rating of 4.8 stars. Apple store users seemed to be more popular than Android users, with 257,000 reviews and an average star rating of 4.9.
There’s plenty of reasons why people are utilising this tool:
– 99.9% of the content on Insight Timer is offered for FREE.
– The app has meditations that are just a few minutes to many minutes long, depending on your mood/needs or schedule.
– You have a huge directory of meditations to choose from that include introductions to meditations, body scans, intention setting , morning and evening meditations, plus meditations on topics like healing and forgiveness.
– There’s a very cool map of all the users located across the world who are currently meditating with Insight Timer, plus know how many have meditated around the world today.
– There’s options of Guided / Silent / Timed (customisable) meditations.
– You can customise your profile and view your meditation stats as you continue to grow your practice.
– Optional courses for a small fee.
– Live sessions every hour from the some of the world’s best (and newest) teachers.
– Stats, Charts, Milestones, and Groups.
– You can bookmark your favorites for future use or go to the user profile to see what other guided meditations they offer.
– Most importantly, no adds.
A recently added feature to Insight Matters is the Playlist area where you can find already created playlists such as:
- Improve Your Sleep
- Coping with Anxiety
- Managing Stress
- Finding Inner Peace
- Evening Wind Down
- Confident You
As well as finding established Playlists you can also create your own public or private Playlists from your library… and … you can also browse and follow your friend’s Playlists too.
Overall there is an abundance of options and beautiful community of support on this app, which I recommend you download now 🙂
You can check out Insight Timer on your desktop or in the Apple store and Android stores.